Monday, October 1, 2007

Prayer Needs and Some Thoughts From God's Word

Hi to anyone who might be reading :O) ! I suppose I'm still wondering, will anyone ever really read these posts?? Well, if not, at least I'll feel better after writing them. If so, post a comment sometime to let me know your thoughts on the topic, or just to say, "I was here and I read it."


I ran into a friend today in town and she suggested that I post some specific prayer needs on my blog, so in case she's reading (Hi Laura, and thanks for the idea!).


I spent the day at the hospital with my dad today. He's been moved to a room that is isolated because of a TB scare. The doctors have said that the likelihood that it's actually TB is slim, and if it is, it's most likely not an infectious type, but rather something he picked up as a result of a suppressed immune system, due to the chemotherapy he is on. For those who don't know, my dad was diagnosed a few months ago with multiple myeloma and amyloidosis. It's amazing how your life can just be trucking along like normal, and then all of a sudden you find out there's this awful stuff going on in your body. One day - normal, next day - not. Think about that tonight when you tuck in your precious wee ones, or kiss your dear husband goodnight.


Please pray for my dad as his body tries to recover and get somewhat better with all of these medications he's on. Hopefully he will be able to come home in another few days. I've only had one visit to the hospital where I stayed for several days (in pre-term labor with my 2nd child). I remember how absolutely awful it was being in there and hooked to an IV, where just going to the bathroom is a ridiculous process. I feel so for him, as I know he is bound to be getting tired of being there, and just trying to process his own thoughts involved with all that's going on.


On another note, a friend of mine asked today if I would pray for her about something, and of course I said, "YES!" I hope she won't mind my sharing that prayer need here as well, and a few of the thoughts I sent her way. Just in case, I won't mention any names. (You know I love you friend!) This particular friend is having issues with an annoying co-worker (Okay, so everyone in our Sunday School class now knows who I'm talking about because she requested prayer there too.), and is having a difficult time with her own responses to this co-worker.


I had a problem many years ago with my mouth (yes, I'm sure some of you are shouting at the screen - "You still do!"). So, I know all of the Bible verses about the mouth. One particular time, I spent weeks studying, with a Strong's concordance, every single entry in the Bible that included the words: mouth, tongue, lips, word, words, speak, speech, etc... Whew, that study took quite some time, but that experience and meditating on God's word helped me. Now don't get me wrong, I am certainly still tempted in this area, but the Lord has grown me SSOO much and the truth is that now I think about it before I say it, I truly hope to always please Him. Here are the verses and thoughts I shared, maybe the Lord will use them to speak to you today too (Isaiah 55:11), they've already reminded me how vigilant I have to be in this area of my life.
______________________________________________
Dear Annonymous Friend : O )
Here are some verses I want you to print off and post somewhere so you can look at them often. Remember Psalm 119:11 "Your word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You." Remember that when you sin, it is against your God, youch! Yes I know that's harsh, but so true! So, meditate on these verses and BE WISE grasshopper. (Did you get that? My husband always calls us "grasshopper" when he's trying to teach us something wise. Like in the old chinese martial arts movies.)

Proverbs 15:1
"A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger."
1 Thessalonians 4:10b-12
"But we urge you, brethren, that you increase more and more; that you also aspire to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business, and to work with your own hands, as we commanded you, that you may walk properly toward those who are outside, (unbelievers) and that you may lack nothing." (Italics added by me for emphasis. Do you get what this is saying? Do these things so that unbelievers will see what you're doing, and that it's different!)
Proverbs 17:27
"He who has knowledge spares his words, and a man of understanding is of a calm spirit."
Proverbs 20:3
"It is honorable for a man to stop striving, (fighting) since any fool can start a quarrel."
James 1:19-20; 26
"So then, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath; for the wrath of man does not produce the righteousness of Christ." and "If anyone among you thinks he is religious, and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this one's religion is useless."
Ecclesiastes 7:21-22
"Also do not take to heart everything people say, lest you hear your sevant cursing you. For many times, also, your own heart has known that even you have cursed others."

Remember that when someone else does something to hurt you, their sin is not against you, it is against their God. They will eventually answer for that. Don't add something to it that you will have to answer for one day.

Matthew 12:34b-37
"For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good things, and an evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth evil things. But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment. For by your words you will be justified and by your words you will be condemned."

Well now, that ought to help us all keep quiet for awhile.
Lori

1 comment:

G. said...

Thanks so much. You know I value our friendship & never mind you "using" me. LOL