Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Closet Construction

Well, since it's the middle of the night and I'm wide awake I thought I would post about some of the more recent goings on around our house.

Todd and I have taken on the project of reorganizing our closet. We just put up some basic wire shelving when we built the house and I'd done as much as I could with what we had. It just needed some tweaking. So, we have pulled everything out of it, gone through one thing at a time, and realized most of it simply has to go back in there. We've weeded out old clothing, belts, shoes and ties galore, but there's still a large mass of stuff that's got to go back in.

I made to scale drawings one night using some graph paper. I thought I was never going to get Todd to understand what I had drawn. This very mechanically minded husband of mine just wasn't "getting my vision" as he put it. Eventually, the lightbulb went on and he figured out what I was trying to show in my pictures. I thought they were pretty good sketches, and I measured and everything. I thought he'd be totally blown away by my wonderful rendering of our closet's likeness. He just said, "HUH?"

I am totally into organizing and reorganizing so don't think for a minute that I'm complaining about it, I love this stuff. I can't wait 'til we have a finished product. I'll post before and after pics for those who might be interested to see what we've "done with the place". Maybe it will inspire you to go get some graph paper and draw up your own little ideas.

Happy Organizing!
Lori

No comments: