Sunday, October 21, 2007

My Daddy

I just wanted to type a brief post to let you all know that my father went to be with the Lord in the early hours of Saturday morning. It was very unexpected, as he'd been feeling somewhat better the past week, and was encouraged by his recent Doctor's visits.

This was a man who exemplified Christ to me my entire life. As a father, he showed me grace and mercy; times, when as a teenager, I truly did not deserve it. He will be greatly missed. I am very sad that he was not able to see our Sarah Beth, and she will be poorer for not having known him. I do rejoice however, in the fact, that he is with our first born and with our Lord in the glories of Heaven. We do not grieve as those who have no hope. (1 Thessalonians 4:13-14)

Please pray for my mother as she tries to navigate life without her best friend. They celebrated 47 years together in September.

Thank you all for your continued prayers as we work through the Guatemalan legal system to try and bring our little one home.
God bless,
Lori

No comments: