Saturday, September 29, 2007

Finally I did it!

Well, I've been thinking about creating my own blog for quite some time, but I can tend to be unwilling to chart new territory. My parents would have probably called that stubborn.

Here are a few things you should know about me, up front:

I have been married 17-1/2 years to a wonderful man of God. I fell in love with him when I was just 15, and I've loved him like C*R*A*Z*Y ever since. (For those who knew me as a teenager, or who've heard the stories, that has real significance.) I greatly anticipate growing old with him. Most important of all is that not only is he my husband and friend, but my brother in Christ, and that is the greatest joy of all.

I am the mom to two of the most beautiful girls ever born, and the mom- to-be of a third beautiful little one. I have one daughter, in heaven - on deposit we like to say : ) - who died at 13 months of age, she would be 13. She died when I was 24, and it changed my life, and who I am, forever. I have another beautiful one who is 10. We are currently in the process of adopting our third child, another beautiful girl, from Guatemala, who will be one in November. All of my girls are dark haired, brown eyed beauties, and I count it a joy and a privilege to be their momma. We are currently in the courts in Guatemala and there are many changes going on with the adoption system there. We are praying that things will "settle down" a bit and move on through smoothly. This will be my forum for posting future updates to friends and family about our adoption.

Now for the juicy stuff:
  1. I am a hopeless book addict. I buy them, I read them, I hoard them, I store them, it goes on and on. I just can't seem to get enough. Worst of all, my husband seems to be joining me in this addiction, and I think I've passed it on to my child.
  2. I am obsessed with organizing things. If I can organize it I will, and if I think of a way it might be done better, I'll reorganize it you can bet your life on that.
  3. I love Januarys and Mondays! They are the absolute best times for starting over and trying to get it right the next year or week.
  4. I spend entirely too much time online. (Don't lie, you do too or you wouldn't be reading this.)
  5. I am truthful to a fault. Some might call it painfully honest. Who it's painful for depends on what I'm saying.
  6. I love going to the movies with my family and eating Milk Duds. We saw a great one lastnight as a matter of fact, "The Game Plan". Very clean, good humor, and we all really enjoyed it.
  7. I enjoy listening to great Bible teaching from Bible scholars who have some depth to them. (ie: Nancy Leigh DeMoss, Kay Arthur, and my local favorite David Platt) I do not want to hear a single ounce of "Prosperity Gospel" or anything of the sort. Quoting a favorite Bible teacher, "that doctrine only sells in the United States." One of these days I'll get around to adding some good links to these fine men and women of God on the blog.
  8. I love to make people laugh. So when you're reading my blog, try to do so with a sense of humor. If it sounds like I'm on a rant, I probably am, but otherwise expect the tone to be comical.
  9. I am incredibly loyal - to my God, my family, my friends, and my dog.
  10. I homeschool our daughter who is incredibly bright (and of course I'm partial), and most days it's a joy. I like to say that, "Homeschooling is an amazing way to put a microscope on your sins and those of your children." So, you'll find my thoughts on homeschooling from time to time as well.

I hope that you will enjoy reading what you find here.

To God be the glory, I am indeed at HOME FOR HIM!

2 comments:

jeffpope.com said...

Sweet...me too. The blog thing that is. I found yours via another EN blog link. Sarah Beth is precious. I met her in December when my wife and I went to visit our 2 little ones. I have several pictures of her...I took hundreds on the trip. Anyway, I just wanted to say HI...I didn't see an email address so I left it here. Here is my contact info.

website: www.jeffpope.net
email: jeffpope11@yahoo.com

Sounds like Sarah Beth is doing "just right"...look forward to hearing more and sharing some of our journey with you.
Jeff

jeffpope.com said...

sorry...more: I would like to send you the pictures that I have or you can download them from my Flickr site. Just let me know.
Thanks.
Jeff