Wednesday, March 31, 2010

It Finally Happened...

My worst fears finally happened...

I went into my (reasonably large) walk-in closet to get something, using my crutches, and..... FELL backwards!!! (I keep calling the crutches "stilts" for some weird reason. The word "stilts" is stuck in my brain and I can't seem to say "crutches" no matter how hard I try!! It's driving me crazy!!)

I lost my balance when I went to turn around and come back out and, about half-way into my turn around I fell. I hit the back of my head on the clothing rail on that side, but the clothes did help to slow my fall. I landed on the shoes in the floor. I don't think that I actually put any weight on the broken leg, but it did get quite a jarring.

So, I'm back to sitting with the pillows under my leg, and feeling a little like the foot is swollen inside the thing that is on my leg, which makes it quite uncomfortable, and painful too.

Guess I won't be going into the closet again for awhile, and I'll be back on the "old lady" walker.

Please continue praying for us all,
Lori

8 comments:

john john said...

Lori. quit drinking

Timothy Smith said...

That don't sound to good. Get Well Soon

Unknown said...

Girl! Be CAREFUL! I do believe, although I know it's nearly impossible with children, hubby and household to run...I believe you need to lay on the sofa watching soap operas and eating bon bons for a few days and Not getting up! You keep reinjuring yourself!! (((HUGS)))

Lori McGuire said...

John:
That's just wrong, on sssooo many levels! But then, consider the source, right..... :P

Timothy:
Thank you dear, I knew there was something I liked about you! :o)

Supermanslady:
I wish I could, but there's only one Soap Opera that I really like. I've been caught up in that shows stupid story line since I was in high school. So, it'll be hard to fill up a day with that. I've never eaten a bonbon, but I know they are chocolate - so can't really go wrong with that.

Timothy Smith said...

*grins biggly* (is that a word?)

Blondy da gangsta said...

Tim: it IS a word. It comes from the Blondy dictionary. =P Ugh. Yesterday the words "Sly" and "Blondy" were stuck in my head ALL day. I wrote them all over a piece of paper. It didn't really help. That piece of paper now decorates the front of my science binder. It's a good conversation starter...mostly...

BookSnob said...

Oh wow. I have 'Dancing Queen' by ABBA stuck in my head. And it WON'T LEAVE. I think it's moving in. I must charge rent.

Blondy da gangsta said...

BookSnob: Nice. Charge it $10.00 for every time it goes around in your head.