Thursday, June 18, 2009

Quotes for the Day - from Elisabeth Elliot and C.H. Spurgeon

I wanted to share a couple of quotes that really "grabbed" me in the last 24 hours...

The first is from a book I am reading Discipline: The Glad Surrender by Elisabeth Elliot (the wife of the late missionary Jim Elliot killed in Ecuador by those he went to minister to).

"Discipline is the wholehearted yes to the call of God. When I know myself called, summoned, addressed, taken possession of, known, acted upon, I have heard the Master. I put myself gladly, fully,
and forever at His disposal, and to whatever He says my answer is yes."
Elisabeth Elliot
I pray that my life will reflect that I was always ready to, "Yes!" to my God in every area of my life.
The next came from a newsletter I received today from Lori Flem, author of Teach Magazine for homeschoolers. It is her "Spurgeon Speaks" quote...
"A thrifty housewife is better than a great income. A good wife and health are a man's best wealth."
From the writings of Charles H. Spurgeon, it is a good quote and a positive one to remember as we minister to the needs of our families and our husbands in our highest calling as their helpmeet.
Abandoned in my role as helper to my husband,
Lori

No comments: