Tuesday, September 16, 2008

One of THOSE days

Today has been one of THOSE days.

You know the kind, when everything seems to go wrong, one thing after another.

My Mom called earlier and I asked if she was interested in coming down to work as a Ring Master this afternoon because it was looking an awful lot like a three ring circus around here!

Here's a small list of what we've dealt with around here today:

Anna stretched her neck some strange way this morning and pulled a muscle in it. It has been a source of pain and frustration for her all day, but has also been a wonderful lesson on a small scale of what her Momma has been going through for months. We have an all day field trip tomorrow, so I really hope she sleeps it off tonight.

My shoulder has been killing me for the better part of the day, and I was trying to get through the day without any meds. I gave in somewhere around 3:45 this afternoon when I couldn't take it any longer. I missed three calls to my cell phone from my orthopedic's office about the MRI I had yesterday thanks to some changes Sarah Beth made to my cell phone that I can't seem to undo. It rolls to voicemail after two rings. I picked it up the other day to make a call and it wouldn't let me dial out because it said I was in "Airplane Mode". Airplane Mode??!!?? What the heck is that? I had to go through about 5 screens to fix it; I have no idea how she managed that one.

The most exciting part of our day came when Sarah Beth decided our couch in the front living room (not quite 3 years old) would look nicer if it had a toddler's drawing on the cushions with pink and yellow highlighter markers. I'm not kidding - and her artwork is BIG! She was sitting with her legs spread out and drawing all in between them.

She's learned to climb up the barstools, which is not only dangerous once she's up there, but means she has conquered our last safe place to put things where she couldn't reach them! She gets up there, gets to whatever she wants and then pitches a huge fit for someone else to get her down because she hasn't figured out how to do that yet.

And, there have been about 4 other major events that went on that were equally challenging today, but wouldn't be of nearly as much interest to read about!

On a positive note, I got the MRI results back regarding my shoulder and there is no injury to the rotator cuff or ligaments! Hallelujah! Instead, it is tendonitis in the Supraspinatus tendon (yes, I had to ask them to spell that for me). So, I'm sure my visit to the doctor next week will be accompanied by injections into that shoulder to try to help with that. Oh joy!

Is it a full moon?
Lori

1 comment:

John Edwards said...

sounds like your are having the same days I have been having lol I am praying for you and things will get better!