Sunday, October 19, 2008

Updates and Prayer requests

Hi Everyone:

I added a map to the top right side of my blog that tracks where the people who are reading my blog are from. I'm in shock that there are actually people reading my blog from all over the United States. I hope that I continue to reach those around our Country and throughout the World.

Now, more than ever I feel the weight of David's words, from Psalm 19:14, "May the words of my mouth, and the meditations of my heart, be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer." , and it is my prayer.

Remember that my surgery is on Tuesday of this week, I don't have a time yet. Please pray for myself and my family.

Also, please pray for my friend Chrisi, she was planning to keep my children for me on surgery day and has come down with strep throat. Please pray for her to feel better first of all, and also that she will be able to watch my "littles" for me. I know that whatever the case may be, the Lord will take care of the details and I (the perfectionist) am resting in that truth.

Now, very important news, I wanted to give you all an update on the lady from Kenya that I wrote to you all about a month or so ago. If you missed the post, you may read it here http://homeforhim.blogspot.com/2008/09/call-for-help-for-family-from-kenya.html. Jennifer has passed away. Her family is still in need of the funds to have her body prepared here, and to cover the cost of having her flown home and plane fare for her husband and children to accompany her back to Kenya for her burial. The cost is great, and many of you have helped already, but I am sure that there are dozens more who haven't and could. So, I will leave that between you and the Lord. The address information has changed from my original post, and you can get the details here if you'd like to help financially. http://faithpreacher.blogspot.com/2008/10/jennifer-from-kenya-has-died.html
If you've not yet helped out, you feel led, and can help, please do not delay.

Proof of God's Grace,
Lori

1 comment:

John Edwards said...

Hey Lori I will be remembering you in prayer as you have surgery and recover!