Thursday, April 8, 2010

Medical Update...

So, I went to the doctor today for my 2 week post-op follow up from surgery to repair my broken leg. The doctor says that things are looking good and progressing well. They took out the staples, there were about 17 of them, and I have two nasty scars, one on each side of my leg.

The doctor put me in a hard cast (I chose black, because it goes with everything.) and I'm still on the restrictions of keeping the foot elevated, and iced, and putting no weight on it for 5 more weeks. I go back then to have it looked at it again. This is going to be a slow and gradual process I'm afraid. He said that while things were looking good, if I were to put any weight on the foot it would "fall apart".

So, I continue to sit, foot propped up on pillows, trying desperately not to feel like a horrific burden to my family and friends. I understand now how people with serious injuries can fall into deep depression or worse. It is very difficult, mentally, to have to depend on others for even your most basic needs.

Anyway, that's where we are now...
Abiding,
Lori

7 comments:

Timothy Smith said...

Get well soon. If you go and screw this up you will have some angry people showing up on your door step

Unknown said...

I have been watching for an update from you. Glad things are improved a little. Been praying for you.

MarryAnna/Blondy da gangsta said...

Tim: LOL. I'm SURE that you wouldn't be one of the angry people. You'd be the one standing on the door step holding some flowers. =P HAHA I'm just kiddin with ya. Hey, do you think that a post on here about WWT would be good publicity for us?

SweetTart said...

Yes MA do that. Ms. Lori: Can I come over and paint flames on your cast? I think you need flames on your cast.

Timothy Smith said...

Perhaps its you decision not mine. Yes I would be mad I enjoy being around your mom

Lori McGuire said...

Sweet tart:
I think I can do without the flames, but thanks for the offer...
Mrs. L.

Marryanna said...

SweetTart: Flames!!!!! Purple ones!! I'm kidding. BUT, you can still come over and hang out! I need to see y'all! Miss ya. *sigh*

Tim: We enjoy being around you too. Soooooo same for you. I need to see ya. Miss ya.