Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!


I wasn't able to go to church today, though my family was able to attend in our church's new building. We are still working with a church plant and growing a little at a time, which my experience tells me is really the best way for anything to grow. I wish I could have been with them all in the new place. Perhaps after I see the doctor this week and get a cast on, or whatever he's going to do to me, I'll be able to get out.
I am still not supposed to put any weight on this foot for another 4 weeks and 3 days. (Yes, I'm counting down.) That likely means many, many more days at home hanging out, and being tended to. I really do not like having to depend on others to help me with EVERYTHING. I mean seriously, I can't go fix myself something to drink and then take it anywhere. I suppose I could fix it on the kitchen counter and then drink it there, but right now I still can't stand up for long periods of time. I can't pick Sarah up with one leg, I do everything and go everywhere with my hands on crutches on a walker. And, don't even get me started on trying to take a bath! Very frustating...
In the meantime, our family and friends were over to visit and have lunch today. Unfortunately, I went to lie down for a bit before everyone arrived, fell asleep, and when I woke up... everyone was ready to go home. :o Sorry I missed out on visiting with you all!
So, that was a little disappointing, but I'm sure they all had a nice time being together, and I understand. Todd said he tried 3 different times to wake me, I don't recall any of that. I must have really needed the rest. I slept fine lastnight, so I don't know why exactly, but I guess my body knows what it needs.
My friend Debra brought me the Easter outfit you see in the photo above since I couldn't go out and get one for myself. Wearing that was the highlight of my day. Only a great friend would think of such an hysterical thing and actually spend their money on it! Thanks Debra, You made my day!!

Abiding in His resurrection,
Lori

4 comments:

Debra said...

P.S. somewhere in your house are spring/Easter stickers for Sarah to use to decorate your walker :)! You can use them for something else obviously....

Watching you laugh and get tickled as we "donned" your Easter outfit was well worth the money, my friend.....well worth!

Timothy Smith said...

That's funny. Yeah you are recovering from an injury your body is going to need more sleep. I can't imagine the sleep I'd need if I broke something

Unknown said...

Been praying for you!!! Love the bunny ears! Sounds like you have a pretty cool friend!

SweetTart said...

LOL. Like the bunny foot! I had a friend who broke his pelvis in a car accident. I know it wasn't fun. He had to drop out of our play that year, though he did help direct and our two "stars" were very sweet in making him come up (he didn't know they were going to the first time) and bow at the curtain call. I'm praying for you Ms. Lori. Missed you tons though!