Monday, April 12, 2010

Blah...

Well, today it has finally hit me. I woke this morning feeling totally - blah!

I still have 4 weeks and 3 days until I see the Dr. again for another follow-up, and to hopefully get my cast off. After that, I don't know how long it will be until I can put weight back on this leg, and I will have a good deal of physical therapy ahead of me.

So, this morning I woke up just really feeling done with it all. I'm tired of going from the bed to the recliner, sending someone to get all of my pillows for propping, my drink, my cellphone, my blanket, etc... Then, back again several hours later. I'm tired of running into the walls with my crutches or walker when I try to get up and go to the bathroom. I'm tired of the pain involved when my foot swells and the incision presses against the inside of my hard cast.

I'm sick to death of being unable to just jump in and get a shower and wash my hair. I feel yucky, dirty, disgusting, and tired. Just plain tired of it all, and I've got a really long way to go still. I'm not even half way through this!

Worst of all, I'm tired of being at the mercy of everyone around me, and having to depend on everyone else to do what is my job.

Ah, but as Scarlett O'Hara would say, "I will worry about that tomorrow. After all, tomorrow is another day."

Abiding, and hanging in there, one hour at a time,
Lori

8 comments:

Debra said...

Following great movie lines....Annie would say.."The sun'll come out tomorrow....bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow, there'll be sun...tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow, you're only a day away!"

Now...just 4 weeks and 2 days away.....

praying for endurance for ya..

htt said...

So sorry Ms Lori! You are in my prayers. Love you bunches!

SweetTart said...

I'm sorry Ms Lori. You are in my prayers! Love you bunches!

Lori McGuire said...

Thanks Debra:
Now I feel like singing...
:o)
Lori

Sweetart and Htt,
Thanks for your warm wishes and prayers.
Mrs.Lori

Unknown said...

been praying for you! (((HUGS)))

Kristin said...

Hang in there my friend. We are praying for you!

Timothy Smith said...

Hi I am bob

Marryanna said...

Tim: Hola, Bob! Como estas, querida???