Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Upcoming Series on God's Sovereignty

I just wanted to let you usual readers know that I'm going to be writing a series on God's Sovereignty in the next week - ten days.

This past Sunday, we were invited back to our home church - The Church at Brookhills - to share our testimony of our lives parallel to the life of Job. We were able to share with our family life group there the things going on with the church plant that we are currently involved in, and to share lessons learned from our own lives. They have been studying the book of Job, and our life has had some similarities for sure, though we've not lost everything as Job did, we've had many lessons we've learned as we studied through that portion of God's Word during our struggles.

So, anyway, just wanted to give you a heads up that the series is coming. It will be a six part series including the following:
  1. A crisis of faith.
  2. Has our sin brought this on us?
  3. He knows us intimately.
  4. An act of worship and faith.
  5. He is in the midst of our suffering.
  6. Restoration - a reminder to continue our praises.

So, get ready for some heavy material. Different from my money saving posts of the past month! But, please know that I'm headed to Walgreen's tomorrow for a huge shopping spree, and the number of coupons I have to take on this trip is unreal!!!

Couponing my way through, and abiding in His grace,

Lori

3 comments:

Debra said...

Can't wait to read it....as I listened to you on Sunday, I thought to myself I am blessed to have such a wise woman as a friend!

And, just for the record, I think you need to count those coupons and document the actual number you used :)......

Lori McGuire said...

Debra:
You are one of my most precious friends, as you well know, your wisdom is always helpful to me as well. I thank God for bringing our lives together, and for the true wisdom that only comes from knowing Him in intimate ways.

As for my coupons. I haven't counted the actual number that I have to take, but I did add up the dollar amount. I have $28.30 in coupons!!! All for items that are already on sale, and some that have Register Rewards (which is Walgreen's version of the Extra Care Bucks you get from CVS). So, I'll get money back to spend later too!
Lori

john john said...

I am really looking forward to it! I went and heard a sermon on Job at Clay First Baptist last nite, it was good.