Thursday, February 25, 2010

God's Sovereignty - a study for personal reflection.

The Sovereignty of God

Well, as I promised, I am beginning a short series on the Sovereignty of God. Recently, we were blessed to spend time again with friends old and new in our Family Life small group class at The Church at Brookhills, as we shared with them a portion of our family’s journey in our walk with the Lord and how it relates to God’s sovereignty. They were currently studying the book of Job, and while we have certainly not experienced loss to the same degree, we do share many similarities with the poor guy, so they invited us to share our journey. It is always our pleasure to share, and I encourage you to do the same as you have opportunity, “Sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear;” 1 Peter 3:15.

As the Lord would have it, I have been somewhat providentially hindered over the past couple of weeks since I promised to write this series. The days have passed quickly by as I had another procedure done on my back, then have had both of my daughters sick over the last two weeks. Everyone, myself included, seems to be on the mend as we approach the end of this week, and its approaching brings with it a very significant date in our lives. Believing that all things are in the hands of our mighty God, and that not even minor details are without His infinite touch, the date approaching comes as no surprise to Him, and not to me either.
so, with that, I will release the first part:
A Crisis of Faith, and with it a small list of study questions for you to consider during your own private study time, on Friday, February 26, 2010, Kathryn’s 16th birthday.

I am unsure how frequently I will release each of the remaining parts. I don’t know if I will manage them at the rate of one a week, one every few days, one every two weeks, or whatever, but I believe that they will come in a timely manner, as the Spirit gives me utterance to share with those of you who will ultimately read this and hopefully benefit from it’s writing.

As I work on this short 6 part series, I pray as always - that the words of my mouth (or in this case my keyboard) and the meditations of my heart be acceptable in His most glorious sight, for He is my Rock and my Redeemer. I pray that He will give me the words to share, to point you to Himself, and to His precious Son, my Savior, Jesus Christ; as I write about faith, fear, intimacy with Him, true worship, understanding that He is always in our midst, and the revelation of His glorious restoration that is for us today and in the days to come. And I ask that He will give me the heart to hear from others who are hurting and to share in their hurt and spiritual growth in a way that brings only honor and glory to Him. Because, it is all In and Through and Because of Him, Amen.
Until then, abiding in His grace,
Lori

1 comment:

Debra said...

All there is to say, my friend, is AMEN and AMEN.