Saturday, December 22, 2007

We're home!

Well, we made it back in this afternoon, right on time. Thank you again - so much - to those of you who took the time and made the effort to come to the airport to see us home. Your love and friendship mean the absolute world to us! Coming home wouldn't have been nearly as fun without you there to enjoy it with us!

I'm only going to blog a sec as everyone else is fast asleep, and I should be too.

I am hoping and praying that one of you amazingly blog literate people will help me figure out how to make my pictures into a slideshow to post them. I have many pictures of Antigua I would like to share with you all. It is a beautiful city. In the meantime, I posted a few of the pics of us, and thought I would do a little narrating. I wish I'd gotten a good picture of all of us together at the airport with those of you who came. Anna took a shot with her camera, but who knows how that will turn out, and it doesn't include her unfortunately.

Anyway, here goes:

Picture 1) is the "momma" who was her primary caregiver at EN. She rode is with them to bring her to me and to meet us. She asked that we please send pictures of her back to them, she loved her so. It was translated to me that she was expressing how much she loved her and caring for her and that the pictures help to "keep them going", it's a reminder of why they do what they do.

Picture 2) is obvious! We love our new little addition, and we think she's just the greatest!

Picture 3) is of my sweet girls in front of the enormous Christmas tree in the Marriott lobby. This hotel is quite large, and that was some tree! One of the best parts about Guatemala is that you always heard "Merry Christmas" or "Feliz Navidad", none of this "Happy Holidays" crap - (pardon my language - Anna puts me in a one minute talking time out when I use that word)!

Picture 4) is of myself, and Sarah B with a lady named Ruth who hounded us like crazy to buy her authentic Mayan wears. She told us all about how they hand make the items, described how many hours they put into it, and Jose' our guide backed up everything she said. We purchased this wrap for carrying babies. She literally had the thing tide up and on me in less than a minute. She showed me twice how to do it to carry her on my hip, or my back. I don't know if I'll ever be able to figure it out again, but I had to have one. :O) I also purchased a beautiful brightly colored piece that can be used as a wall hanging in the baby's room. I'll try to get a pic and post that later. I laughed because when I asked her if I could get a picture with her, she then added the scarf to her head.

Picture 5) lastly is a picture of us with our guide Jose' without whom we would have been in BIG trouble. He helped clear up the fiasco mentioned in the last post, took us to our Embassy appointment and to get picture for her Visa. Then had someone else go back to the Embassy to pick-up our documents while he took us on a tour of Antigua. Can't beat that!

If someone can tell me how to do a slide show, I'll add those pictures too.

Oh, and one more thing... I have passed by the baby's room a hundred times since we got it ready for her. And tonight, I rocked her in her own rocking chair, sang to her the lullibies my other girls were rocked by and placed her in the same bed they slept in as babies. I walked by the room moments before I sat down here and just sighed with relief and amazing contentment. Those of you who are waiting, just keep holding on, they will come home soon.

Blessings,
Lori

2 comments:

hannah said...

I am so glad that you all made it home safe and sound. I having been praying for you all. Seems like you had a wonderful trip. Hope you have a blessed and Merry Christmas now that you family it complete. May God Bless

Sheryl said...

We have been praying for your family for a while - God has proven Himself faithful in the addition of this beautiful angel to your family.