Monday, December 24, 2007

Angels Watching Over Me

Just wanted to let you all know that we were in a pretty serious car accident this morning. After enjoying breakfast this morning with some old friends at the IHOP, (Thanks for paying you two, very sneaky! :O) We love you both very much!) we were taking Sarah B to the pediatrician's office (has an ear infection so we'll be on a second round of antibiotics). On Red Mtn. Express Way, in front of St. V Hosp.

Honestly, I have no recollection of what happened. I was driving, Todd said that I said, "I hope they don't hit me!", and blew my horn. I don't remember any of that. I was hit by at least two separate cars, spun around and around across the other two lanes and wound up in the far right lane against the guard rail, traveling in the wrong direction, with cars coming head on, and my foot still on the gas! Todd reached over and threw the car in park about the same time I realized I was on the gas and hit the brakes.

I am telling you when we spun around and were facing the other direction, it was just like the Red Sea parting. No one hit us head on. One of the vehicles that hit me, veered off to the right, hit the curb and flipped. They crawled out the windows to avoid being hit again in their car by the on coming traffic. Amazingly, they were not seriously injured, certainly their car is totalled. The damage to our van is rather extensive and so it may likely be totaled as well.

People stopped all up and down both sides of the Expressway and came to see if everyone was okay, and to tell what they saw happened. Four people gave us their names, numbers and addresses as witnesses. Another woman, came "out of nowhere", said that she did not see the accident, but felt led to stop and tell me "He shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways." Ps 91:11 She looked at the girls in the back seat and said, I see (His) peace all over her (talking about Sarah Beth), she then proceeded to tell the girls how God had watched over them and how He had a special plan for their lives. Whew, gives me chill bumps again, just thinking about it.

The Lord has once again, protected us, and our precious little ones. Praise be to God, my King and my Lord.
Lori

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I am so glad you are all okay. Thank you Lord for your protection!!! I bet Sarah B doesn't know what to think about how we drive here in the US;)
I hope you have an uneventful and wonderful rest of Christmas!
Thank you again Lord!
Stephanie

hannah said...

Thank the Lord that you all are okay. I pray that you have a wonderful Christmas and that Sarah Beth gets better.

The Wilkens Family said...

Good to hear you are back home & safe. Enjoy this holiday season.

Whitney said...

I read this a few days ago, but didn't have a chance to comment. I am so thankful that you all are fine and the Lord so graciously protected your family! Praying adjustment for your expanded family is going well!