Monday, December 3, 2007

Baby Stuff! It's everywhere!

Hello all,

Yesterday we had a baby shower for Sarah Beth. It was fun and exciting to see our friends and family who wanted to "shower" us with goodies for our new little one. We've got lots of baby stuff around here now!

I haven't heard a peep from the Embassy today, and I am guessing I've checked my email about a bagillion times - that's my own personal made up number :O) Obviously, it means ALOT!

Hopefully I will hear something before the end of the week.

I've been checking airline prices to see what we might expect for our trip. OUCH! Lots of money! Looks like the quickest flight travels through Houston, TX, and gets us into Guatemala around lunchtime. They are central time zone as well, so that will be nice. That means whatever day we fly in, we should have a baby in our arms by mid-afternoon!

I posted recently to the Lifeline board about pictures of Eagle's Nest, but I know some of you who visit here are also adopting from EN, but not using the same agency, so you may not have seen it. We are not going to visit the children's home when we travel, and I am trying to find some people who've been who would be willing to share some photos with me. If any of you have photos you'd like to share, please let me know.

Hope you all are enjoying the Christmas season with your families. We are enjoying a nice fire this evening, and will be doing our Jesse Tree devotion soon. Learn more about Jesse Trees at http://www.jesse-trees.com/

Blessings to you and your families,
Lori

5 comments:

hannah said...

Liz I have some photos of EN from our trip I can email you. What kind of photos are you looking for

Deidre said...

I will look through our photos and see if there are any good ones of the orphanage. Are you wanting something specific? We are going back in a couple of weeks so I can take pictures of whatever you want me to. Just let me know.

Whitney said...

We put all of the pictures from 28 team members(our trip was in July) on one DVD...would you like a copy? We were in Solola and other nearby towns, so there will be pics of more than just EN.

whitndan at aol dot com

Lori McGuire said...

I will take any pictures you all may have. I am not looking for anything specific, just pics of the orphanage inside and out, maybe a few of the nannies and babies/children, areas surrounding in Solola.

You can email them to me at tnlmcguire at yahoo dot com, or email me privately for my address if you prefer to send a CD by mail.

Thanks,
Lori

The Wilkens Family said...

Hi! I have not had a chance to visit our son at the EN, but do have a few pictures that others have sent me. I will go through them and email you any that I may have of the EN or the mamas.

Jennifer