Monday, December 10, 2012

I'm Baaaack

Well, after a really long time offline, I am back at it.  I have had a few years of struggle: physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually.  I am hopeful that those years are mostly behind me and I am ready to get back to writing as time allows and the Lord leads.  The breaking of my leg, back in March of 2010, really threw me for a loop in a way I've not been thrown before by anything else, and I have had a lot thrown at me over the years.

I hope that many of you have stayed with me, continued to check to see if there were updates, and if so...THANK YOU! Thank you for not giving up, for continuing to try to see if I was posting again, and more.  For those of you who've just checked in for the first time...my map has revealed you and you have given me the courage to start writing again.  I am amazed that after more than two years of no posts, so many people are still reading my previous writings.

So, here we go again.  I'm going to try to get this off the ground again. We'll see how it goes.

UPDATES:
Todd and I are about to begin our 10th year in business.  That is crazy!  It seems like only yesterday we were fretting, and praying and waiting for God to lead. Now, we sit on the edge of our 10th year.  The Lord has blessed each year in different ways, and continues to grow our business in ways we never could have imagined.

We proudly continue to homeschool our two amazing daughters.  Anna is now in the 10th grade and Sarah started Kindergarten this year.  Homeschooling has been difficult for me during this time of struggle, but it continues to be great fun to watch them learn and it is an incredible blessing to be with them throughout the day and to grow with them spiritually.  These girls are great friends to me already in their youth and I know that as they get older, the relationship with each of them will only become sweeter.

Our oldest is about to celebrate her 16th birthday!!!  She was about 10 when I started this blog, and she was anxiously awaiting her baby sister from Guatemala. Unbelievable how the years have flown by. For her upcoming birthday, and our plans are B*I*G!  I will definitely follow up with some amazing pictures in January, once the soiree has occurred! There are a few surprises for her and her friends so I don't want to announce it all here ahead of time. So, sssshhh.....  :)

Sarah Beth is now 6!!!  She had an amazing birthday back in November and she is having a great time doing Kindergarten this year.  I can't believe that on the 20th we will be celebrating 5 years since our adoption was final and she came home from Guatemala! My how the years have flown! 

I will try to upload at least a few up to date pictures.  The girls have changed so much over the last two years, I have changed too as I have been battling my weight following my two major injuries, Todd still looks the same to me.  In fact, when I see him, he is still the 16 year old boy I fell for over 27 years ago! His hair is just a little lighter and he no longer sports the moustache he had back then, but he's still as handsome as ever to me.

It's good to be back, I hope I am able to get back into the swing of things and that this will be a healing experience for me to get back to what I love...writing!  With that I will close with this thought...

"Come now, you who say, 'Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city spend a year there, buy and sell, and make a profit'; whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away.  Instead you ought to say, 'If the Lord wills, we shall live and do this or that.'"  James 4:13-15

So, Lord willing, I will continue to post.
As always, I continue to be,
Abiding in His Grace,
Lori



2 comments:

Nadia said...

I didn't even know you were an avid blogger! So happy you are back at it! :) Love your photos and your family!

Lori McGuire said...

Hi Nadia:

Why yes, yes I am. Or, I was...and I'm going to be again!

You'll have to fish back through the older posts. There's quite a bit of good stuff in there, if I do say so myself.

I've had visitors from all over the world, as you'll note if you check out my map further down the screen on the righthand side. I hope that some who used to follow me, and gave up after 2 years of no posting, will rejoin us.

Thanks for stopping by!
Lori