Sunday, February 14, 2010

I'm going to get to it, I promise...

I thought I would have the posts on God's Sovereignty up over the weekend, but it hasn't turned out that way.

Here's what's going on in the McGuire home... I have two sick kids. Sarah's been sick about 4-5 days, and Anna just came down sick overnight - lastnight.

I'm scheduled for another procedure on my back this week. I suppose that might be changed if I should come down with whatever the girls have. God forbid!!

So, I suppose in His sovereignty, He'll help me to get the writings together when the time is right. :o)

I appreciate any and all prayers.
Abiding in His grace,
Lori

3 comments:

john john said...

see Lori, in the word of faith, your kids are sick cause you allowed it! You and Todd are supposed to be exercising dominion over sickness and disease. maybe you skimped on your tithe? Maybe you spoke fear and doubt?
dont you know that it is God's perfect and Holy will for us all to be totally fit, healthy, extremely rich and joyously drunk in His presence? Cone on, turn on TBN and get with it!

Lori McGuire said...

Who are you? Just kidding, thank God I know that you don't really believe all of that anymore!!

If you would familiarize yourself with this blog, you could go to the following post
http://homeforhim.blogspot.com/2007/09/finally-i-did-it.html
and read the following quote:

#7 "I enjoy listening to great Bible teaching from Bible scholars who have some depth to them. (ie: Nancy Leigh DeMoss, Kay Arthur, and my local favorite David Platt) I do not want to hear a single ounce of "Prosperity Gospel" or anything of the sort. Quoting a favorite Bible teacher, "that doctrine only sells in the United States." One of these days I'll get around to adding some good links to these fine men and women of God on the blog."

See, I don't do that "prosperity gospel" stuff! I know better!
Hope you all are doing well, and Brian is okay after his surgery??? I read it on your blog...
Lori

john john said...

yes we are doing great!!!!! just busy I guess!