Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Forgetting What Is Behind...


Well, it's about to happen again! Another new year!

I suppose this year I will resolve to:

  • Study my Bible more.
  • Pray more for my family and friends.
  • Excercise regularly.
  • Lose weight.
  • Get completely out of debt.
  • Be a better wife and mother.
  • Be a better daughter, daughter-in-law and sister.
  • Reach out to and disciple more "younger" women.
and.....

Oh, wait a minute, that was last year's list! Oh, and the year before that, and the year before that... you get the picture!

Does it never get easier? Am I destined to continue trying to reach the same goals every year? Probably!

Oh well, it's a good thing I love January's!

If you haven't read the information about me, this would be a good time to stop by that spot. You'll find it here http://homeforhim.blogspot.com/2007/09/finally-i-did-it.html just pan down to "the juicy stuff".

I do love me a good January and Mondays!

One funny story I must share -

Today a friend was telling me that her son has become so much more well-behaved recently, that a friend commented on it while they were together, and wanted to know what had changed. I asked her if she'd told her friend that it was likely because she was homeschooling him now. (I know that may sound biased, but it's amazing how that does make a change - I know, I speak from experience.) Instead she tells me that I am so brilliant at helping others with "discipline issues" (she's called me a few times to ask advice) that I should "teach a class!" Seriously, I was hysterical! Are you kidding me?!?!?


I told her she should have been in my house around
10 a.m. the day before - I could have used a class myself!

"Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me. Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Therefore let us, as many as are mature, have this mind; and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal even this to you." (Philippians 3:12-15)

Abiding in His grace, and vowing to do better this year - AGAIN!
Lori

2 comments:

john john said...

Im going to quit drinking and lose 30 pounds

Lori McGuire said...

Careful there, I wouldn't want you to get dehydrated...