Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Journey out of the "Word of Faith" Movement

Dear Friends:

For about 6 months or more I have been following the changes in the lives of a gentleman and his wife. They have come a long way in the Lord, and their experience should be of great encouragment to others. Todd and I give great glory to God that they now have indeed seen HIM for who HE is. This gentleman was a pastor of a church in Clay, and another plumber we know was one of his members. The member told Todd what was going on and Todd and I both were immediately interested. Over the years, we have had a number of frustrated friends in the charismatic, pentacostal, "word of faith" movement.

If you or someone you know is attending one of these churches, or living a life filled with "confessing the Word", I invite and encourage you to read this family's journey at http://faithpreacher.blogspot.com/2009/02/word-of-faith-why-i-left.html. It is truly a work of the Spirit you will want to rejoice in.

Todd and I have had the privilege of meeting this couple, as they have moved to our area recently. The changes the Lord is making in this family is a joy to behold.

Abiding in His grace,
Lori

4 comments:

John Edwards said...

and I thought that you had forrgotten all about us! lol

john john said...

Here is my new one:
www.junkerjorge1.blogspot.com

Debra said...

what a great story !

Lori McGuire said...

John, of course I haven't forgotten about you!!! Although, with all of the meds I've been on lately, that might actually be possible....
Lori