Saturday, December 20, 2008

One Year Today and Christmas Parades

Today marks one year since we first saw our precious Sarah Beth for the first time! It was today in Guatemala, just outside of the US Embassy in Guatemala City that we met this precious one. Quiet and shy she came to me without crying or upset. She was calm and sweet, snuggled up in my arms and was my daughter. It felt just as it did when I held my two biological daughters for the first time. INDESCRIBABLE!

It's amazing what a difference a year can make. In the past year we've enjoyed the addition of a new family member, countless hours of laughter, snuggles and smiles, and a few restless nights. We never had any issues with bonding, it was completely natural for us and for her. I know that this is not the case for all adoptive families and for our experience I am most thankful. This precious one, now two years old loves us as much as we love her, and it is wonderful, beautiful, amazing. I will pull up some of those old photos so that you can see them again, photos of our first days with her.

On another note, today Anna participated in our local Christmas parade. She walked with her dance group - 2 miles! She was expecting to ride the float, but at the last minute was asked to help carry the banner. She'd rather have ridden than walked, but she survived. :O)

Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas, and to those of you who are still waiting for your children to come home from other lands, I am praying especially for you. I know your frustration. It will happen, and when it does, I pray that for you it will also be wonderful, beautiful, amazing. As you pray, please remember some dear family friends of ours who's father is ill with cancer, the Lord will know who you're praying for.

I wonder how Mary must have felt that night long ago as she held that precious one in her arms, Christ - my King and my God.

Christmas Blessings,
Lori

3 comments:

Debra said...

It HAS been an amazing year and thank you for allowing our family to be a part of your journey !

Much love,
Debra (and on behalf of the rest of the hoosiers)

John Edwards said...

Hey Lori Merry Christmas and One Year Anniversary!!!!!!! Long time no hear from! John

Lori McGuire said...

Debra: I am so thankful to have had you all as a part of our journey. We love you guys!
Lori

Hey John:

I tried to email you, but it came back that the email addy I have is no longer good.

I'm still reading your posts, but the last time I tried to post a comment it wouldn't let me.

So, email Todd or I with your new email address.
Merry Christmas, tell your wife hello for me.
Lori