Saturday, December 8, 2007

What a Roller Coaster Ride!

Well, Friday was a complete roller coaster ride, from the very depths of a valley, back to the top of the "mountain". As most of you know, we anticipated we would have our pink slip by the end of the week. Unfortunately that didn't happen.

On Friday, I spoke with our Social Worker who then called the DNA lab here in the States to find out about when the DNA results would be sent back to the Embassy. She was told that the 2nd DNA test was received on 11/30, but had not yet been processed due to "delays" because of the Thanksgiving holidays. She was told it would be next week before it was processed, that they would then overnight it to the US Embassy in Guatemala and they would then send her the information by email that it had been done. We were hopeful that would all occur before the end of next week but understood that this meant the likelihood of our traveling before Christmas was now looking quite dismal. I was distraught.

Then, I get home yesterday afternoon, to an email that said, "You won't believe this!" She had received the information back from them later Friday afternoon that the test had been processed and was being overnighted to the Embassy and should arrive there on Monday of next week. All of that said, we should have our pink slip by the middle of next week, but we will really be pushing it to get the appointments done and get back home for Christmas. We still don't know that we will even be scheduled an appointment prior to the holidays.

Please continue to pray that this all works out smoothly and that we are able to travel and get home before Christmas.

Needless to say, my emotional state is a bit "fragile", I feel like my emotions are all over the map. Up and down, back and forth. For "Pete's Sake" let's get this done and get home, I'm a basket case! For those of you who know me well, I plan EVERYTHING, so this is seriously about to drive me insane! :O)

Keep a watch out for the first updated news next week. We'll let you all know as soon as we know anything. Anna (our almost 11 year old) told me lastnight, "See I told you it could still happen." I thanked her for having big faith when mine was so small. I feel like the poor father in Mark 9:23-24. "And Jesus said to him, ... 'all things are possible to him who believes.' Immediately the boy's father cried out and began saying, 'I do believe; help me in my unbelief.'" Yes Lord, help ME in my unbelief too!

God's blessings to you, we love you all very much!
Lori

6 comments:

The Wilkens Family said...

Praying for good news early next week!

Daniel Bennett said...

I am so thankful that our God is in control of all of this, and it is not in the hands of man!! Hang in there...praying for PINK soon!

Whitney said...

Oopps, that "Daniel" was Whitney. :)

Stephanie said...

praying you here great news in God's perfect timing!

Stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sheryl said...

Lori - we are praying for you guys. We are hoping to get our pink slip next week as well. God's timing will be perfect!