Friday, May 14, 2010

Broken Leg Update

Okay, I've gotten some emails regarding my doctor's appointment yesterday. So, I'm going to go ahead and give an update here to help others of you keep up that way. :o) Thank you for caring and asking.

I got the hard cast off yesterday. They took x-rays and finally the doctor came in to see me. He said that my leg had healed "Remarkably well, in a remarkably short period of time." I let him know that it was due to the "saint sitting in the corner" referring to mom. I know people are probably tired of my saying that I don't know what we would have done without her, but it is so true!!

It's kind of ironic, because I was basically a real pain in the rear growing up. If anyone had ever said that I'd end up living next door to my parents after I was grown and married with kids, I'd have thought they were out of their mind! And yet, here we are, closer than ever. It is amazing to me all that the Lord can restore when we are His. We are so blessed!

Anyway, I got a black boot that looks like something out of the "Transformers" stuff. Sarah asked if I was going to ride a horse, and I told her I would need a second boot to go with this one and that they'd have to be a little different! This one has a really tall, weird heel on it, lots of velcro straps, and a pump up air thing inside of it. I can take it off to shower, and to sleep, which is really nice. But... I have to continue to stay off of it working up to a little weight every few days not to exceed half of my body weight at any time. Try figuring out how to do that correctly? Mother and I tried all the way home to figure out exactly what that means.

Anyway, it will be this way while we are on our annual beach trip which doesn't really make me happy, but hey at least we have the opportunity to take a beach trip every year, right? We wouldn't go if it weren't free. So, we really do get a good opportunity.

Abiding in His hands,
Lori

3 comments:

john john said...

Really glad that you are better!

Unknown said...

Ditto my buddy John ^ So gld to hear you are doing better! I haven't been around a lot the last few weeks - but have continued praying for you!

SweetTart said...

And I can't paint flames on the boot! Sadness. I still think the cast would have been really cool with flames, but to each his own. LOL.