Thursday, December 18, 2008

Growing Girls, Christmas pics and Doctor's Visits

Hello everyone:

This week I took both of my girls to the doctor. Sarah Beth had her 2 year old check up. She is in the 75th percentile in height and weight, for American babies!! She's going to be tall we think. That comes as a bit of a shock since Guatemalans are typically shorter than "average". She weighs a whopping 30 pounds! She is a chunk! We had 4 shots for her that day, she pitched a fit!!

Anna is now almost as tall as I am and weighs what I weighed when I married at 19 years of age. Dr. Bill says she's right in line with her height and weight, and should top out around 5'4"-5'5" tall. She'll be looking down at her 5'1" Momma one day soon. Anna also had the privilege of receiving 4 shots that day, seems 12 is a time for boosters (and she turns 12 in a few weeks) and she had to have a flu shot. She took them with a smile to keep from upsetting Sarah Beth. She continues to be a fantastic big sister.

Today, I made a failed attempt at taking Christmas pictures. It was quite hysterical really. Sarah Beth was screaming and crying and falling out flat in the floor everytime Anna tried to pick her up and hold her. She tried putting her in her lap, standing with her beside the Christmas tree, holding the dog, and more to no avail. It was a ridiculous site! If I can come up with a decent picture, some of you might actually get a Christmas card this year with a picture in it. Otherwise, well, you get the picture. :O) Hee Hee.

Last, but not least, I saw my Neurosurgeon yesterday. The x-rays show that the bone fusion is going great. The plate he put in is right where he put it and hasn't moved or slipped. The discs above and below it look great, and he said he didn't think I should have any further problems. Yipee!! The most wonderful thing is that I haven't had a single headache in 8 weeks !!!!! I was having a headache every 2 to 3 days. Praise the Lord, I feel like I have been given my life back!!!

Now, on to the effort of trying to lose the 25 pounds I've gained over the last 9 months. YUCK !!!

Merry Christmas and blessings to your families during the holidays,
Lori

No comments: