Sunday, October 12, 2008

Hi

Don't have much to post today, but I'll fill you all in on what's going on around the McGuire compound :O) !

Today has been a so-so day. I've not had an excruciating headache today, and for that I give great Praise! I had one yesterday, so maybe it paid me through the next few days. I continue to try desperately to do what I can, not over do it, and shake off the guilt about not being completely up to speed with all I want to do in regards to caring for myself and my family.

I've put on a great deal of weight, thanks to my meds, and so now feel as though I look like I'm 6 months pregnant, which I most certainly am not. It's very frustrating. I don't feel well enough to excercise, and the meds I'm taking make me want to eat all the time. It is a vicious cycle, a sickening roller coaster ride that I can't wait to get off of. The first person who asks "when are you due?" is going to get socked in the nose!

Today, we here had "home church." It's gotten so crazy right now, that actually going to church is just too much. Sarah still goes in the service with us, which is necessary for a number of reasons. So, that means that one of us (Todd or I) ends up pacing the foyer, listening to the sermons out there, while Sarah Beth jabbers or does whatever it is she needs to do at the moment. Her communication skills are still not such that I can explain the whole "sit still and be quiet or we're going to make a trip to the bathroom" deal. So, it just doesn't make sense to struggle with that each week. So, this morning, we all got up, had breakfast, and then we had church. Todd started out by asking us if we had any prayer requests, and we prayed together. Then, we listed to the podcast of last Sunday's sermon (which we also missed). Later we had dinner out with some friends and then they came back to our house to visit. We finished the evening listening to some worship music.

Now, for the update on my back situation:
For about the first week after the doctor told me that I just needed to, "get it over with" (meaning surgery) I walked around worried and not really sure if I wanted to go through with it. However, now, I am a ready and willing participant who just wants to get this done, recover and feel better, hopefully by January. In the article I wrote when I first started this blog, I mentioned that there are some important things that you might want to know bout me. One of those things is that I like Januarys and Mondays, because I like the opportunity to start over fresh, I love new beginnings! I'm prayerful that is what this January will bring for me. If you've never read that article, you can read it here: http://homeforhim.blogspot.com/2007/09/finally-i-did-it.html

Todd said the other night that he can't imagine what it would be like if he were alone (meaning without me). He said I'd only been 1/2 a wife for the last six months and he was ready to have his whole wife back. Point being, he wasn't fairing well with only 1/2 of me here so he didn't think there was any way he could stand not having any of me here. (Gee Honey, thanks. Just kidding, I know what he means.)

I hope to be much better after surgery.

I've got an appointment with the first surgeon on Wednesday, the 15th, so please pray that the Dr. will have wisdom concerning my case, and know what needs to be done. Also pray that he explains it clearly so that we (Todd, my Mother and myself) all understand clearly what will be done (if we proceed with surgery) and what will be required during my recovery. It goes without saying that I will be needing a lot of help for about 6-8 weeks. :O(

Please continue to pray for all of us, we greatly appreciate your prayers.

Praying for a quick and easy recovery,
Lori

1 comment:

John Edwards said...

hope you feel better this week, i will be praying for ya. We finally attended Oak Mtn as a family, and then I went to Pastor Bob's small group tonite. When you feel better holler at me. i need you to tweek my blog some. Say hay to the plumber dude, and to you girls.
john