Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Secrets of the Secret Place by Bob Sorge

Hello Dear Readers,

Before I start tonight, I'd like to bring your attention to some things that are going on in Guatemala currently. Over the last week or so, they have experienced the eruption of one of their many volcanoes. Homes, business are closed if not totally lost. This is also the rainy season in Guatemala. So, they are also experiencing mudslides, flooding and other horrific circumstances.


The Lord alone knows their needs and will prick the hearts of His people to care for the people of Guatemala as we are able. Part of my family is planning to return to Guatemala on a mission trip in late July, so we are praying that much clean up effort has been done so that they can get into the towns and villages to minister to these hurting people.

-------------------------------------------------------

I shared earlier some thoughts and quotes from the book Secrets of the Secret Place by Bob Sorge. I am continuing to read through the last half of this book, and every day I come across thoughts that make me think, "Oh, that's good. I've got to share this!"

So, here I am, to share some more thoughts. I decided that I would post them as I read through the book and come across things that really give me pause to think, or that I wanted to return to and read again sometime. I highly recommend this to any of you who have enjoyed the quotes I've shared from this series. This is a devotional type reading book, and it is not gender specific so you guys our there should like it just as well too.

Enjoy...

From the chapter, "The Secret of Holiness" -

"'The Lord has said, "He who walks in a perfect way, he shall serve me' (Psalm 101:6) This is not referring to sinless perfection, but rather to a blameless lifestyle that is not subject to reproach or criticism by those who live closest to you.

... Holiness is not an inherent quality we carry; it is a derived quality that we take on. Holiness has but one source, the Holy One. Holiness has to do with proximity to the throne. The seraphim are called "holy ones," not because of who they are but because of where they are. They are "holy ones" because they live in the immediate presence of the Holy One! I am holy only to the extent that I abide in His holy presence."

Anna selected the above video from Chris Tomlin singing Holy is The Lord. I hope that you will enjoy it.

Will share more again soon,
Lori

2 comments:

Debra said...

I don't see a video.....hmm....like Chris Tomlin, though....like that song, too....

Lori McGuire said...

So glad Anna was able to find a little something to go along with the post. It's like a "two-for- one" deal! Listen to a great song, while reading a great excerpt from a book! Can't beat that! :o)