Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Hello Everyone:

I hope that this Thanksgiving finds healthy and happy and enjoying the company of family and friends.

This year, I have much to be thankful for as always. I am thankful for the little things and the big things.

I am thankful for:
  • The mercy of my Lord. Without His rich grace and mercy I would still be dead in my sins, lost - destined for hell - and without hope or purpose.
  • The love of a good husband. He is my other half, we are truly blessed to have enjoyed 19+ years together as husband and wife. Second only to my Lord, he is my encourager, my rock, my strength.
  • My precious children. I am blessed to have two beautiful girls here on earth and to have one daughter already on deposit with the Lord. I will be glad to see her again in heaven.
  • I am thankful for freedom from the curse of sin and death, the law, and the guilt and burden that goes along with not being able to keep it.
  • I am thankful for Jesus Christ who kept all of the Law on my behalf, and who died a horrific death that I might have life, and that He offers that same sacrifice for all who will believe.
  • I am thankful that we live in a free Country, and I pray that it will remain that way for me and my posterity.
  • I am thankful for the blessing and privilege of discipling (aka homeschooling) my children.
  • I am thankful for a beautiful home that is Warm in the winter and cool in the Summer.
  • I am thankful that I didn't break my legs, arms, or neck when I fell down our basement stairs and shattered the disc in my neck. It has been and continues to be bad, but it could have been so much worse.
  • I am thankful for you, and the fact that you just spent time reading my list of things for which I am thankful. Spend time thinking of at least 10 things you are thankful for today and reflect on them.

Happy Thanksgiving,

Lori

Be sure to visit my website to see the new E-books I've created and put in the "Products" section of the site. I am working on other books. www.AtHomeForHIM.com

2 comments:

john john said...

I am thankful for my eye lids. It would be hard to sleep without them

Lori McGuire said...

It's a good thing I like you... :o)

Lori