Sunday, May 31, 2009

Dance Forever...

Okay, I suppose if a momma can't brag about her kids on her own blog, there's no appropriate place for it at all. So, here I go...

Lastnight, Anna performed in her end of the year dance recital. Over the last year, she has blossomed into this amazing young lady that I absolutely adore! Her first year in dance, she has worked hard and excelled at her choice of type of dance, which is clogging. For those of you who have NO IDEA what clogging is, it is similar to tap, but not really. I'm sure that helped alot, right? Anyway, she was given a special award and tapped for the 2009/2010 Competition Team!! She is very excited to be able to use her gifts and perform in various dance competitions throughout the State next year with her group.

There are many more reasons why I am enjoying this stage of life with her. She is growing up, and most days she's a pleasure to be around. I'm sure she'd say the same about me. :O)

I'm also adding some new, old, photos that never got added when I took them. They are all from the last 6 months or so.

Abiding in His grace,
Lori

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Where's the big, poofy clogging skirt?

Lori McGuire said...

Hey Kristen:

They don't wear big poofy skirts. I think these days that tends to be reserved for old people that clog, and square dancers! :O)

Anna wouldn't be caught dead in a big poofy skirt!!!

They wore a white leotard, with a pair of denim shorts (stretchy dance kind) and a matching vest. They had rhinestones on the pockets, and on the back of the vest it had a big rhinestone heart.

They weren't allowed to leave the dressing rooms with their costumes showing unless they were performing, so that's why she is in "regular" clothes. She had them on over the costume.

Enjoyed seeing you all yesterday,
Lori