Tuesday, November 11, 2008

On the mend....

This post is for those of you who aren't on my normal email list, but look here for updates about what is going on with us...

Hi, and I am so glad that you are here!

Quick update for all of you who've been praying for me and my family.

I saw the doctor today, three weeks since my surgery (anterior discectomy with a bone bank fusion). I am doing well, and have been feeling much better over the course of the last three days. Yippee!! Praise the Lord!!

The doctor has told me to begin working my arms (where I've lost most of my strength since I fell). He told me to be careful not to strain or stretch my neck at all. He also told me that I could pick up my precious little Sarah B again, after 3 weeks of no lifting!! And, the best part is that I'm beginning to feel good again, after 7 months of continuous pain.

I rocked my precious little one tonight and gave her her milk. She nuzzled up to my neck and sighed a sleepy sigh, and then licked my face. Ah, my sweet little - strange - Sarah Beth! It made me laugh. What a privilege to have that precious one back in my arms to rock again.

So, I go back to the doctor again in 5 weeks for x-rays and another follow-up, to see if the bones are fusing as they should.

Two weeks and 3 days ago, I wasn't so sure having this surgery had been a good decision, but today, I'm feeling really good about it.

Thanks so much for all of your prayers, and help while I've been down.
Lori

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

so glad you are feeling good and praying you continue to heal well.

Stephanie said...

so glad you are feeling good and praying you continue to heal well.